Firstly, I would like to thank James and Leslie for nominating me for The Liebster Award.
It’s a good way to meet new people, find new blogs and also get a sneak peak at the writer’s personality!
Fun, fun and fun.
Here are the 11 questions given to me by James: (Thank you again for nominating me and for the intriguing questions!)
- What is your earliest travel memory?
I have two, since I’m not sure which comes first. It’s either moving from the U.A.E to Qatar or traveling to Jordan to visit family. What I clearly remember, though, is that I would always fight for the window seat with my older brother, so my parents would always end up making us play rock, paper scissor or have us alternate, where I would choose when to sit by the window, either the entire trip going to our destination or sit by the window as we head back home from our vacation – one of the toughest decisions that I had to make.
- What motivated you to start blogging?
I’ve always wanted to blog. I actually had created a few accounts earlier in my life as a motivation to start, but never did. The idea of someone reading my posts somewhat scared me. I kept thinking, what if I get judged, what if no one is reading, what if and what if. This year I decided to just ignore all of these fears and take a step forward. I have studied Journalism for a very good reason – To be able to reach and to communicate with others around the world. Blogging is such a beautiful and personal way to do it.
- Would you rather be faced by a horse sized duck or 12 duck sized horses?
I’ll be able to keep it as a pet – I always wanted a horse, perfect opportunity.
- Who’s your inspiration?
Wow … So many to name! My parents, for working so hard for my brothers and I – until this day. Hala Jaber, such an amazing and inspiring journalist, along with Rima Maktabi. Anna Erelle, a Journalist working undercover working on European jihadi extremists in the Islamic State for months, now. Elizabeth Jane Cochrane, one of the first women journalists in the U.S.
To me, I can get inspired in so many ways. I can get inspired by someone’s kindness and someone’s rudeness, someone’s beauty and someone who’s positive.
- Coffee or Tea?
Depending on the time of day.
- What’s your biggest fear?
Having to lose a loved one, not making my parents proud and not being able to achieve my goals.
- If you could take one thing with you to a desert island what would it be?
Hmm, depends if I’m going there for a vacation or if I’m stuck there. If there for a vacation a good book to read and a hammock, if I’m stuck there … A flint knife or a smart and patient friend that would calm me down while I freak out?
- What do you think makes a great blog post?
Lots of things! A person that’s filled with passion and you can see it through their writing, an opinion topic, tips posts, traveling and culture topics, good and interesting writing, and again – the writer being passionate and knowing what they’re talking about.
- Would you rather spend the rest of your life looking like a ninety year old but feeling like a twenty year old, or looking like a twenty year old and feeling like a ninety year old?
Definitely 90 and Fabulous!
- What’s your favourite movie?
Too many! But, ‘A Beautiful Mind’ is the first thing that crossed my mind!
- Red or white wine?
Haven’t had either.
Here are the 11 questions given to me by Leslie.
Thank you Leslie for nominating me and for the fun questions!
- When and why did you start blogging?
I stated blogging around the end of July beginning of August. I stated blogging because it’s such a beautiful experience being able to know different people around the world and also to share your experiences, knowledge and opinions with them!
- What are the main factors that guide you in deciding where to holiday or travel?
Well, it depends on the place, the budget and the person I’m traveling with.
- Books or movies?
Books! I love imagining the characters and the scenes – It’s just beautiful!
- How many people make up your household?
Five – my parents, my two brothers and myself. In a month, It’ll be only me, since I’m moving.
- What is your favourite city?
The next one I’ll be traveling to and then the one after that and the one after that. Whatever new place I go to will be my favorite since I will have so much things to discover and find and experiences to learn!
- How do you choose new bloggers to follow?
Well, it depends on the writing style, on what type of blog it is. If I find myself reading through more than one post, nodding my head, developing my replies in my head and learning new things. So, if it’s intriguing and new to me, I’ll be following it to learn more and get inspired!
- Whom do you trust most in the world?
- How many times have you changed career since starting to work?
- Do you do your best work in the morning or at night?
Both. During the morning I’m best at doing my errands, assignments and just working on things I have to finish, while at night I’m really good at ‘me time,’ that’s when I usually blog, catch up with friends, edit videos and such.
- Sweet or salty?
Both! But, I don’t like sweet dishes.
- For the East Africans on my nominee list – What’s the main thing you want people to know about East Africa?For the others – Have you ever been to East Africa? If not, what’s stopping you?
Sadly, I have not! What’s stopping me is the resources and the fact that I’m heading to continuing my education this Fall. But, I really want to visit Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Mozambique … Ah, well, pretty much the entire African continent.
Again, thank you James and Leslie! (:
Here is the list of my nominees:
My questions for you guys are:
- If you could speak another language, which language would you pick and why?
- What is something you enjoy to do on your spare time?
- What’s one fact about you that not many or any of your followers know?
- What are you hoping to reach from blogging?
- Where would you want to travel to if you had the chance?
- When frustrated how do you calm yourself down?
- What’s one advice that you would give out?
- What’s something that keeps you going through any hardship?
- Are you a planner or a spontaneous traveler?
- What’s the first thing you do when you wake up and the last thing you do before going to bed?
- What makes you smile?
Here are the rules, should you accept this reward:
- Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them
- Answer the 11 questions
- Nominate 3-11 other bloggers for this award who have less than 500 followers
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- You can’t nominate the one who tagged you
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them
Some might think of this as a fun reward while others might think of it as an annoying chain letter, which I hope my nominees and readers wouldn’t think so. Personally, I think of it as a fun activity to get to know other bloggers and to give everyone a chance to know me a bit better.
Now, I shall leave you with Salam,